A village in Galizien which was occupied by Roman Catholic Germans from 1783 to 1940. This area became Austrian at the first partition of Poland (1772) and remained Austrian until 1919. From then until 1940 Königsau was part of Poland. From 1936 to 1945 it was officially called " Rowne ad Medenice". Since 1945 Königsau is part of the Ukraine and is called: Riwne. The village was created 1783 by German colonists and the Germans were forced to leave in January 1940. The village layout has the form of a regular pentagon.